Arriving from the Refugee Camp in Thailand

Arriving from the Refugee Camp in Thailand
The Mying Mying family

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mying Mying has a job!

Update from Jill:
Mying Mying was happy to tell me that she starts work on November 22 at the Royal Paper Company. This is the same location where Ah Mee worked before they moved to Minnesota. It is the same hours too, unfortunately--10 hour days overnight, putting tissue in boxes and paper towels on rolls. It is a start, though.

She seemed to indicate her English classes were over, although she can still go because they're during the day, but at first she will probably be tired. So I won't be going over there every week now as she liked me to review her lessons with her. I would be happy to still go, but think she thinks I'm only supposed to help her with that or other small things. I will miss seeing Mying Mying every week but will figure out something to keep in touch.

Ron, Judy and I will be delivering Christmas presents in December. Lutheran Social Services looks for sponsors to give each new family Christmas gifts the first year they are in America. It's fun to bring them surprises.

No comments: